Saturday, September 19, 2009

Rad Hourani is a young Canadian designer and according to Elle he is getting second looks from Barneys, Bergdorfs/Neimans, and Colette. I can see why. His S/S 2010 Collection was off the chain, literally. I loved it! One thing that did bother me though was the leather. I wish it didn't reflect so much light. I first saw him on Kanye's blog and was intrigued by his unique use of chains, zippers, and slashes. Images via Elle.
My favorite details include:
1: Repetition
2: Asymmetrical lines
3: Zippers, zippers, and more zippers
4: Silver lurex
5: Thick double knit
6: Neatly slashed knees
7: White knit skinnys
8: Draping of super thin chains



On his website, I found some of his photography and artwork and I loved that as well. I can tell his collections are inspired by his art. Just look at the repetition and lines. So balanced and structured.

No comments: