Monday, September 21, 2009

Everyone has days where we just do not have the motivation to do what we love. My passion is fashion but I do not wake up everyday excited to go in my closet. There are those days where I just cannot find the time, energy, or inspiration to put an outfit together before giving up and resorting to Juicy sweats and a American Apparel hoodie. The best thing to do is to plan out something the night before while your brain is full of ideas. Since putting an outfit together is last on my list of things to do before bed, I usually just procrastinate until the morning. After many mornings full of frustration, I finally found some easy solutions to this minor dilemma. Here are two I use most often:

1: I have various style spotting blogs and fashion links saved in my bookmarks on my browser so when I get up and check my email and the weather, I take 5 minutes and quick browse these sites for quick inspiration. Here is a photo of what my browser bookmarks looks like:


2: Keep some fashion styling books or magazines in your dressing space or closet. My pile consists of American Fashion by Charlie Scheips, a copy of some recent or old fashion magazines such as Vogue, Elle, and Nylon, Style A to Zoe by Rachel Zoe, and WhoWhatWear by Hillary Kerr and Katherine Power (founders of WhoWhatWear blog). The WhoWhatWear book is a life saver when I am in a time crunch.

No comments: