Wednesday, February 24, 2010



I know I am so predictable sometimes but I LOVED Alice Temperley's A/W 2010 collection. She never lets me down. I looked at most of the London collections and none of them really did it for me. I liked Matthew Williamson but I didn't love it enough to want to go out and buy everything. If I am going to share something with you, I have to be excited about it or else I cannot help but sound like a bore. The collection was girly but hard at the same time. I usually do not ever do bows because I think they make 90% of us look childish unless the bow is on your Ferragamo flats or the bustle of your Marchesa gown. Much to my surprise, Alice Temperley made me feel otherwise. She matured the bow by mixing it with structured mini skirts, leather, biker boots, and studs. In addition, the blue of the velour is the perfect shade to mix and match with black, creme, white, grey, red, mustard, fuchsia....um basically any color would look amazing with that blue. Oh an the berets!!! What a fantastic idea for fall. Everyone was doing the crocodile dundee hat but I think a beret is more useful because you can pair it with almost anything. The wide brimmed hat can only go so far. That's just my opinion though. Someone could always prove me wrong and persuade me to feel otherwise. Overall, this is a great collection to invest in because so many of the pieces are versatile. In addition, there is a piece in this collection for every age. A really good designer can put a little bit of everything into a collection without losing relevance.
Images via Vogue.

No comments: