Tuesday, February 23, 2010

       Just finished watching "The September Issue" on iTunes and my favorite parts were the scenes with Grace Coddington. That woman is a true genius. She has real passion and that is so hard to find these days. You can just see it in her eyes and smile. I think she made the movie. Anna Wintour is a genius too but she hides alot of her emotion. Grace just seems to put it all out there which is a characteristic I can relate to I suppose. On the contrary, there always needs to be someone to say no because not everything can make the cut.
      One of my favorite parts was when Grace was in the car staring out the window of the car admiring the beauty of Paris and she said a photographer once told her, "Always keep your eyes open, never fall asleep in the car, and keep watching because whatever you see out the window can inspire you." Those weren't her exact words but you get the idea. I always try to find beauty in everything and keep my eyes open. Sometimes I wish sleep was not imperative for good health or else I'd stay up all night long being inspired. 
Below is a young photo of Grace when she was a model for Vogue. The next is a photo of Grace more recently. Lastly, is a photo of Grace and Anna making critical judgements. 

5215-500w 

No comments: