Saturday, March 6, 2010

Yesterday in between work and my allergy shot I discovered the best vintage store ever in Balacynwood called Objects of Distinction. If you live in the Philadelphia area, I am advising you to go check it out. I guarantee you won't leave empty handed. It is located on Levering Mill Road about 50 steps before you hit Montgomery Avenue. I picked up a Sonia Rykiel black mini dress with a coordinating blazer, a persian lambswool muff and clutch in one, a Giorgio Armani draped blazer, and a fantastic brown leather studded belt. It took me a while to decide what to take home because there were so many amazing finds and at very reasonable prices. I am still coveting the oversized nude shearling cape they have for sale for around $300. That is a steal compared to the Helmut Lang shearlings, which I am obsessed. The owners were very friendly and knowledgeable about all of their pieces. They explained the origin of each piece I eyed up. I could have spent all day in there. Last night I wore the Sonia Rykiel blazer and muff. I paired them with with a Sebastian Tellier sheer tank from American Apparel, Diane Von Furstenburg lace pants, a Natori bra, Whitmer's vintage persian lambswool coat, and Lilly Pulitzer flats. Feel free to laugh at my attempt at modeling. Being in front of the camera is not my thing since I don't like people looking at me. In addition, my awkwardness in unnatural situations has me convinced I have a mild form of Aspergers. Despite all of this, I am facing my fear in the name of fashion!! Thank you to Meredith, my best friend who is in med school and didn't mind my late night request for a quick amateur photo shoot.

No comments: