Monday, December 21, 2009

Elevate me please!!
     If you live in the greater Philadelphia area and like to know where your meat is coming from, try Elevation Burger. I have long resisted eating burgers or meat in general at restaurants that fail to inform their customers where their meat and or dairy products are coming from (except for the occasional intoxicated Grays Papaya stop). I often question the quality of food restaurants serve and would really appreciate if menus gave more information about how the food is prepared and where the ingredients were obtained. After all, I am paying so I think it is good to know what I put into my body.
     I would love to enjoy a burger now and then but there is no way I am going to McDonalds or Five Guys to do so. Thanks to Elevation Burger I can now indulge in a burger I do not feel guilty eating. Elevation Burger prides themselves on offering quality food that make a difference to both their guests and the environment. They only offer 100% USDA organic, 100% grass-fed, 100% free-range beef. In addition, the meat is 100% ground on the premises to ensure quality and cleanliness not usually guaranteed in mass packaging facilities. Their cows are never given antibiotics and are completely free of pesticides. The cows are grass fed which keeps them from getting sick like grain fed cows. They are also bred on free-range pastures which means the cows are not confined to small spaces. They are treated more humanely and allowed to enjoy the open air.
     The owners are committed to supporting the environment by using environmentally sustainable and non-hazardous architectural finishes, equipment, and operating practices. All equipment is energy efficient and the restaurant is LEED certified. One of my favorite perks is that they will wrap your burger in lettuce if you want to avoid unnecessary carbs or are on a gluten free diet!! If everything so far isn't enough they also donate waste olive oil so that it can be converted into bio diesel. Finally, fast food that has more pros than cons.  Check out the site to apply for a franchise!!! Let's keep this trend alive!!

For their website click here!!
For locations click here!!
For my Philadelphia people, Elevation Burger is located at 50 East Wynnewood Ave.
For the New Yorkers, there will be one opening in Union Square in early 2010.


No comments: