Thursday, March 17, 2011

I leave for Jamaica this weekend and I think it will be 1 of the best vacations yet in terms of mental freedom. I literally have nothing to stress about. My amazing aunt is even taking my baby girl, Millie, and she spoils her more than I do. Some of the things I am excited about are...

1: My pre-vacay mani/pedi at Tierra Mia Organic Nail Spa courtesy of my Kembrel fam! For my manicure, I am bringing these awesome stickers I found at Target and Essie's "Pink Parka" because no color is too bright for the islands. For my pedicure, I have an appt for Minx so I hope they have a good selection of prints. I hope they let me use "Pink Parka" because I read on their site that they only use water-based nail polishes.
2: Catching up on reading!! Since I finished grad school I don't have time to just sit around and open up a magazine or book. Finally, I will be able to crack open all my Interview mags that have been accumulating in my house. I am also bringing this book Cheap which will hopefully not change my love of good discounts. 
3: My new Freeway sunnies! I just got these in the mail last week and I have had them on my nightstand with about 6 books between the ear pieces. I have been attempting to stretch them out because they are tight on my head. Either I have a big head or they made these for an infant. They even fit Millie better than me. Nonetheless, I am not letting them go to waste. They will stretch and I will wear them sans headache.
4: Sketching time! I have a top secret project to work on and there is no better place to sketch than on a private balcony overlooking the Caribbean. 
5: My new shoes! It is not quite warm enough in Philadelphia to wear platform wedges and strappy sandals so I am very excited I will be able to put these to good use. The metallic pair are Belle by Sigerson Morrison and the black strappy pair are Opening Ceremony. I am a little more obsessed with the metallic pair because they will look so good with all the neons this spring/summer. 


No comments: