Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Mila Kunis via The Talks


Was there ever a danger that you could lose yourself?
I’ve been doing this for so long that I’ve seen a lot of people who lost themselves. The theory says that you only learn from your own mistakes. It’s life. But when it comes to this industry I tell you this much: I really, truly believe in learning from other people’s mistakes.
So what is the greatest lesson you learned from someone else’s mistake?
One? There is a whole list. Everything and anything. In this industry you have to be constantly aware of your surroundings and be aware that they build you up just to knock you down. I really do believe that, because it creates better stories. It’s not enough talking about how great somebody is – it doesn’t sell. What sells is talking about somebody’s downfall. I think the greatest lesson I learned is to keep my private life private. And I will fight for that forever and ever. That is my lesson.
It must be difficult for you because you are exactly the target group the outlets are aiming at.
Yeah, but I will never talk about things. There are certain things that I will never discuss. I don’t care if that makes me not the nicest person. I will discuss any film I have done, I will discuss anybody I have worked with, I will discuss politics if you need me to – I will discuss anything and everything under the sun, but I will not discuss my personal life.

No comments: