Thursday, April 22, 2010

Jelly Nostalgia
I remember a platformed pair I wore 24/7 in 6th or 7th grade. I even managed to rock climb in them without getting injured. That was my claim to fame for the summer. It is also the reason I have a distorted view of what "comfortable shoes" means.
The downside to jellies is that they initially make some killer blisters upon the first couple of wears. They also are bad to wear if your feet sweat a lot because all kids know plastic isn't exactly breathable. (Reference the times you were told not to put a plastic bag on your head but attempted it anyway out of curiosity). The upsides are that they are really easy to clean and they last forever. Unlike Vera Bradley and Uggs, Jelly's aren't for everyone. Some people just find them really ugly... and that's okay.
1 Ferragamo
2 Asos
3 Givenchy
4 Melissa

Salvatore Ferragamo "Spiffy" Lattice Jelly Sandals
Chain Jelly Sandal

No comments: